- Updated On 17 Mar 2020
- 3 Minutes To Read
Android Phone Setup without SOM AIR WIFI
If you do not have access to the State’s WIFI for setting up your phone you will have to setup and use an alternate method to logon. The MFA setup needs to be completed on a computer connected to the State network. If MFA has already been setup and you receive notifications from it skip to step 9. If you already have RSA set up on your computer and want to use that for authorization skip to step 9.
Enrolling your phone:
- Tap the home button and then go to the “Play Store”
- If asked for payment verification there should be a “Skip” option at the bottom left (no payment is necessary for Intune)
- Search for and install (Do Not Open) Microsoft Outlook.
- Search for Intune Company Portal > tap on Install > Agree to the terms > Tap Open to open the Company Portal Application
- Enter your email address and tap on Next> Once it redirects you, enter your Computer Login Password and tap on Sign In.
- You will be given a choice to Login with Azure Multi-Factor Authentication or RSA SecurID Access Authentication Agent 2.0 Method.
Azure Multi-Factor Authentication is MFA, if you have set up MFA tapping this will either send a notification to approve or a text or call, depending on how it was set up. Tap approve or enter the information from the text message on this screen, then go to step 15.
SecurID Access Authentication Agent v2.0 Method uses RSA. To use this tap the Windows button on your computer, type RSA and open RSA SecurID Token. Enter your 6 digit pin in the RSA tool and hit the triangle, then enter the 8 digit code from the computer into the phone.
- Tap on begin at the bottom right, continue, continue and then enroll (or Next according to the version of Outlook).
- Tap on Allow when it says “Allow Company Portal to make and manage phone calls?”
- Tap on Activate on the “Activate device administrator?”
- Check the box at the bottom left to agree to the terms and then Confirm
- It will redirect you to enrolling device
- If you get requests from Intune to install software (managed browser, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, etc.) Install and accept the terms of each application to download them.
- Go back to the Play Store and install “Lookout for Work” and open it.
- Tap continue in the Lookout for Work application and select Allow on the pop up box.
- Tap “Sign in with Azure Active Directory” then continue on the contacts screen and tap Allow on the pop up.
- Tap your account name on the “Pick account” screen then Accept when permissions are requested
- Click continue on the Lookout permission screen and allow on the pop up boxes
- Click OK on the connection request, this will finalize the Lookout for Work setup. You can now configure the Outlook mobile app:
Outlook Mobile setup instructions
- Tap the home button and look for Outlook on your device (if you do not see this icon you will need to install Microsoft Outlook from the Play Store)
- Open Outlook > Tap Get Started > Enter your State of Maine Email address > Tap Continue. Choose skip when asked about adding another account
- Email, calendar, and tasks should start loading now.
- In Outlook Mobile tap on Settings icon at the top Right of the screen.
- Scroll down the screen until you see the options for Focused Inbox and Organize by thread and turn off both of these options by moving the switches to the left.
- To save your contacts to your device scroll back to the top of settings and tap on the Office 365 account then move the switch “Sync Contacts” to the right and if asked Allow Outlook access to your device’s contacts.
- This concludes the Intune and Outlook installation on your mobile device.